Check out our Virtual Volunteer Opportunities! - Becoming Me--Program series volunteer
Inspired by themes from Mrs. Obama's Becoming:Adapted for Young Readers, Girl Scouts' new Becoming Me program aims to help girls become their best selves. The "Becoming Me" program is centered around core themes that align with the Girl Scout mission, such as knowing and telling your story, maintaining mental health and wellness, and supporting and nurturing girls on their own journeys.
You will guide girls as they explore the truth in their own stories and the power of their voices! You will work with girls during 6-8 fun-filled and inspirational virtual sessions.
- You can choose the dates and times that work for you.
- Girl Scout staff will provide training, a facilitator guide and a Zoom license.
- Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana will connect you with girls who wish to participate.
About the Becoming Me Program
- A unique 6-8 session experience for girls that includes three badges.
- A journal activity to reflect on their personal experiences as they answer the question, "Who am I, and who do I want to become?"
- A facilitator guide to help volunteers support Girl scouts through their experience as well as free digital downloads such as customized Becoming journal booklet including an excerpt from Becoming: Adapted for Young Readers.
- An exclusive Becoming Me patch available for optional purchase.
About Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts is open to all girls in kindergarten through 12th grade from across the United States, Puerto Rico and even overseas.
Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana serves girls in six Illinois counties (Cooke DuPage, Grundy, Kankakee, Lake and Will) and four Indiana counties (Jasper, Lake, Newton and Porter).