Spectator Services Team Leader
Purpose of Role: To provide quality support to your team and to assist delivering high quality Spectator Services to the patrons, the athletes and their staff.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensure that information booths are set up correctly, ready to operate and making sure that adequate supply is maintained
- Collect and distribute equipment you and your team will require.
- Take your allocation of Volunteers to their location in accordance with the map and deployment plan given to you
- Provide clear instructions to each team member regarding their role.
- Check on each of your team members as often as possible. Remind them of the instructions for their position and the basic elements of their role.
- Keep an eye on operations, report incidents, changes and concerns to your Supervisor.
- Keep staff updated with progress of, or changes to, the shift.
- Provide assistance to resolve problems/issues/conflict within your ability and training and determine where you need assistance from your Volunteer Coordinator.
- Ensure team members are having breaks
- Follow all instructions given to you by your Supervisor.
- Help solve other customer concerns where possible.
- Sign out your Volunteers at the end of their shift.
- Provide feedback on Volunteers’ performance.
- Assist to pack down booth for the night.
- Recognise the good work of your team.
- Ready and able to deal with a variety of questions and situations during the event
- Be resourceful and proactive
- Reliable and committed
- Excellent social skills
This role is required to complete a minimum of 4 shifts for the event but ideally for the entire week. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this.