Spectator Services Assistant
Purpose of Role:
The Spectator Services Officer is a voluntary position providing general assistance to any of the Spectator Services roles and/or providing a roving ‘watch and help’ role around the site.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Be prepared to assist in any role in the Spectator Services area.
- Walk round the site proactively looking for any safety issues, spectators in need of help, or other volunteers in need of help.
- Be aware of what is site regulations e.g. no cyclists on northern road, and assist in making event participants aware of these regulations.
- Identify emerging situations and resolve them if you can or communicate issue to the Spectator Services Coordinator by radio so it can be resolved immediately.
- Support the Event Services Coordinator in any other way required.
- Complete a minimum of 2 shifts during the event
Note: Spectator Services Officers need to maintain good humour but be firm and polite throughout. They should also be prepared to be on their feet while rostered on duty.