Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant
Are you a medical professional hoping to share your talents with those who most need them? Do you have a heart for service and accompaniment? Come join our team at Catholic Charities Volunteer Medical Clinic!
The Volunteer Medical Clinic provides primary care to people without charging them for office visits in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington, D.C. The clinic serves primarily Spanish speaking patients who are uninsured, and interpreters are available.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional primary healthcare to our clients
- Document the electronic medical record (eClinicalWorks/)
- Active professional Washington, D.C. license in good standing
- Catholic Charities can sometimes help cover the cost to obtain a DC license
Desired Skills, Experience & Characteristics:
- Some Spanish skills (interpreters are available)
- Strong communicator
- Fully embrace Catholic Charities Culture of Caring
- Provide direct patient care to those who would otherwise not have access to care
- Serve as part of a volunteer team
- FTCA malpractice coverage is provided at no cost
- Catholic Charities Volunteer Orientation
- Interpreters available
- Scribes potentially available
- On-site training in clinic operation practices
- Electronic medical record (eClinicalWorks) training modules available
- On-site supervision
- Virtual bimonthly clinician gatherings for updates and fellowship
- 4-hour shifts twice per month during regular business hours: M, W, Th (8:30AM-4:30PM)
- Volunteers are asked to serve for at least 1 year or 80 hours or more
- Spanish Catholic Center Medical Clinic, 1618 Monroe St., NW Washington, DC 20010
- A free parking space is provided for volunteer clinicians in our lot behind the building
- Also accessible via the DC Metro Columbia Heights station (green/yellow line)
- By November 21: Fill in an application
- October- November: Matching Expectations conversation with Catholic Charities staff.
- Mid January: Attend virtual Volunteer Orientation and complete screenings.
- Early December: Begin volunteering!