Volunteer Medical Clinic Spanish Interpreter for Patients and Clinicians (Remote)
Do you speak Spanish? Do you want to help make healthcare accessible to everyone, regardless of whether they have insurance? Be an Interpreter for patients at Catholic Volunteer Medical Clinic!
Our clinic provides free primary care services to people in need, and most of our patients speak Spanish as a first language. We are seeking Medical Clinic Interpreters to facilitate communication between patients and their doctors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- for patients and clinicians in virtual appointments
- Introduce yourself to the patient and explain your role
- Present yourself professionally through your dress, background, and punctuality
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, including medical terminology
- Have access to a computer with and microphone
- Fully embrace Catholic Charities Culture of Caring
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
Desired Skills, Experience & characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree or studying in a healthcare field
- Current medical students are also welcome!
- Work directly with a clinician in individual medical sessions
- Gain experience with interpretation and translation
- Gain understanding of the healthcare needs of immigrant populations
- Be part of a dynamic volunteer team
- Participate in Catholic Charities Volunteer Orientation
- Clinicians and the clinic director will be available to answer questions
- Serve 2- or 4-hour shifts during clinic hours: M, W, Th 8:30AM-4:30PM
- May serve multiple shifts per week
- 100 hours yearly, or commitment required
- Remote Opportunity
- By November 21: Fill in an application
- October- November: Matching Expectations conversation with Catholic Charities staff.
- Mid January: Attend virtual Volunteer Orientation and complete screenings.
- Early December: Begin volunteering!