Clinical Volunteers - Volunteer Mental Health Counselor
Volunteer Mental Health Counselor
The Catholic Charities Volunteer Medical Clinic provides primary care services to people in need without charging them for office visits. The clinic serves primarily Spanish speaking patients.
Professionals are needed to provide psychosocial evaluations, individual therapy, and crisis intervention services to adults via HIPPA compliant Doxy.me and coordinate with primary care physicians regarding medication management. Malpractice insurance will be provided by the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
The Volunteer Medical Clinic on Monroe Street in DC is committed to providing quality integrated health and behavioral care to our low-income patient population. The volunteer’s work will be integral to this mission.
Volunteers will be responsible for:
- Providing psychosocial evaluations and individual therapy via telehealth
- Documenting services provided within 24-48 hours of the services being provided
- Providing crisis intervention as needed.
- Linking consumers to resources in the community as needed.
- Coordinating treatment with primary care providers and other involved staff members regarding consumer’s progress and /or concerns, particularly regarding medication management.
- Possesses a Ph.D, Psy.D, LPC, LMFT, LICSW or similar credentials
- Is licensed and in good standing with their licensing board in Washington, D.C.
- Spanish and English-speaking ability is required
- Ability to learn telehealth and electronic medical records system (eClinicalWorks)
Desired Skills, Experience & Characteristics:
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills Assessment/analytical skills
- PC competency
- Team player
- Commitment and personal responsibility
- Fully embrace the Catholic Charities Culture of Caring
- Demonstrate cultural competence and cultural responsiveness
- Mission Driven
- Volunteer work experience
- Satisfaction of providing services needed by our patient population
- Become part of a volunteer team to provide necessary mental health support to our neighbors in need
- Volunteers at the Volunteer Medical Clinic are needed during regular business hours (8:00 AM – 4:30 PM) for 4-hour shifts twice per month
- Time commitment will vary depending on the professional’s availability
- Volunteers are asked to serve a 4 hour shift twice per month
- A 1 year commitment is requested (February 2021 - February 2022)
Location: Spanish Catholic Center Medical Clinic, 1618 Monroe St., NW Washington, DC 20010
- Limited street parking is available in front of the facility or in the lot on a case by case basis
- Also accessible via the DC Metro Columbia Heights station (green line)
- Due Dec. 31: Fill in an application
- 1-2 weeks after applying: Matching Expectations Conversation with Catholic Charities' staff; complete credentialing and privileging documents
- Jan. 20 - Feb 8: Attend Volunteer Orientation, complete volunteer screenings, participate in role-specific training
- Early February: Begin volunteering!