Support Volunteers - Healthcare Portal Assistant
Healthcare Portal Assistant
The Catholic Charities Volunteer Medical Clinic provides primary care services to people in need without charging them for office visits. The Volunteer Clinic is open Mondays and Thursdays from 8:00AM - 4:30PM, though the Portal assistant will work from home and has the flexibility of working other hours. The clinic serves primarily Spanish speaking patients.
The Portal assistant will help patients set up and connect to their healthcare portal, HEALOW, so they can access their lab results, health history, and set up appointments online. The Volunteer Medical Clinic is committed to providing quality health care to our low-income patient population. The volunteer’s work will be integral to this mission.
- Help patients set up and use their Healow healthcare portal remotely to assist them with accessing their lab results and making payments or appointments online.
- Basic computer literacy
- Spanish proficiency on the phone
- Use of a personal computer and phone from home
- Commitment and personal responsibility
- Fully embrace the Catholic Charities Culture of Caring
- 8+ hours/mo.
- commitment requested (February 2021 - February 2022)
- Volunteer and make a difference from the comfort and safety of your home
- The satisfaction of providing patients access to their healthcare record for those most in need in our community
Location: Volunteers can be trained and work remotely
- Due Dec. 31: Fill in an application
- 1-2 weeks after applying: Matching Expectations Conversation with Catholic Charities' staff
- Jan 20 - Feb 8: Attend Volunteer Orientation, complete volunteer screenings, participate in role-specific training
- Early February: Begin volunteering!