Why Should I volunteer in the Food Pantry?
Want to help end hunger? We are looking for volunteers to help community members in need access the JFS Food Pantry.
With dedicated staff and community partnerships, we are able to offer specialized food items for those with dietary restrictions and other household items. Volunteers help us to offer this service that allows our clients to have a true shopping experience.
Here are the ways we need your help in the Food Pantry:
- Shopping Assistant: Walk clients through the food pantry, helping them to shop for what they need (Tuesday & Thursday shifts only)
- Delivery Assistants: Go with a JFS driver to deliver a bag of groceries to our homebound clients in need (Tuesday & Wednesday 1x/month)
- Inventory Assistant: Stock the food pantry when we receive food deliveries (Wednesdays)
- Packing Assistant: Pack bags to send to home-bound clients (1/x month on Wednesday or Monday)
- FG Shopping Assistant: Go to Food Gathers and help gather items for the JFS pantry (Mondays)
- Attend a JFS General Volunteer Orientation
- Attend a Food Pantry Training