Chapter/Community Council and Council Committees - Chair
Working collaboratively with staff partner(s):
- Contribute time, skills and expertise to advancing the chapter towards its objectives. Assist in development of strategies to overcome challenge and maximize impact in the community
- Ideally, serve as a Lead for one of the 4 key functional areas. Exceptions considered if individual is a member of the division Council/Committee or MS Society of Canada Board of Directors/Committee.
- Ensure the Council works in close partnership with staff, exercises collective responsibility, works together effectively, contributes their skills and expertise as appropriate and seeks to build a strong, impactful team
- Gain a solid understanding of MS Society of Canada strategic objectives, policies & procedures, research objectives and accomplishments to date, etc.
- Help recruit and train volunteers (committee members and/or volunteers at large) to assist in bringing the MS Society’s strategic objectives to life in the community
- Serve as a link between the local Council/people affected by MS in your community and the division Council.
- Share information received from the Division Council with members of your Chapter Council and provide input into Division and/or nationwide strategies as needed
- Represent the chapter/community council to the Division Council