General Volunteer Information
Thank you for your interest in learning more about volunteering with Family & Children’s Services of Guelph and Wellington County (FCSGW). Being a part of the FCSGW team is a great way to contribute to our community, children and families.
Please note the following about our applications and recruitment process:
- Due to the nature of the work and the onboarding process, we ask a commitment of at least 8 months.
- This helps with relationship building and provides a consistent person for the family or child.
- Volunteers are required to attend training prior to starting as a volunteer. Training is typically held 3 times per year. In the past on Saturdays but subject to change depending on scheduling and volunteer availability.
- We accept volunteers 16 years of age and older as Tutors or over 18 as Mentors, Parent-aids and Drivers.
- A suitable placement and match will be determined by the volunteer (you) together with the Coordinator of Volunteer Services
- Visit our website for more information about FCSGW.
- Complete the Application to get started.
- Log into your new profile and explore to familiarize yourself with the platform
- Upload your resume (or email it when requested)
- Complete the e-learning modules available to you
- Discover where to log your hours
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with FCSGW.
I look forward to meeting you,
Hannah Senitt (she/her pronouns)
Coordinator of Volunteer Services
Family & Children's Services of Guelph and Wellington County
519-824-2410, Ext. 4438