Service User Partnership Volunteer
If you are interested in joining our Service Users’ Partnership Project, which involves either talking to students about your health condition, letting a student examine you or “acting” as a patient if you have no health problems.
You can do this by contacting the Voluntary Services Office , who will be happy to give you further information.
What is a “simulated patient”?
· Simulated patients are volunteers who “act” as patients so that student doctors, nurses and other health care professionals can develop their skills in supervised conditions
· Using simulated patients is an excellent way of teaching students to communicate and to understand the concerns of patients
What do simulated patients do?
- Have a simple clinical examination by our students.
- Help with student assessments and mock medical exams.
- If you have a long term medical illness or condition, you may
- be asked to talk to students about it and let them ask
- questions about how it affects your daily life.