This role involves supporting patients and staff in our busy Maternity Department. Places are limited but this role may suit anyone who is interested in gaining general experience of what it is like in Maternity or are studying/applying for Midwifery.
You may be asked to get involved in the following activities:
- Welcoming patients and visitors to the department
- Running errands for patient notes, prescriptions and pathology samples
- Putting together patient information packs
- Escorting patients/visitors to other areas of the hospital
- Helping staff to keep the department tidy and area stocked
- Sitting with patients/relatives helping complete 'Friends and Family' questionnaires
You will not be involved with the following:
- shadowing clinical staff or get directly involved with patient care
- lifting patients
- Assisting patients at Toilet
For this role, we would ask for a time commitment of four hours a week for at least six months.