Would be interested in helping out in our very busy Emergency Department. If so, you could be asked to get involved with the following activities:
- Meeting and Greeting patients and visitors and relatives
- Socialising with patients and visitors whilst they are waiting
- Helping with refreshments
- Running errands for patient notes, blood samples etc.
- Escorting patients to other departments such as X-ray, Blood clinic
- Sitting with patients/relatives to complete' Friends and Family' Questionnaires
- Helping staff to keep the area tidy
This role would suit anyone who likes to be busy, enjoys interacting with lots of different people and is a good listener or just wishing to give something back to the NHS and local community.
It may also be useful experience to anyone studying or looking to follow a career in an acute healthcare trust such as:
- Healthcare assistant