Special Events - 11/2020 Winter Preparedness Meal Deliveries
Each year we provide shelf-stable meals to seniors who receive Meals on Wheels in our service area and are at risk during emergency situations.
These Emergency Preparedness meals are for the seniors to put in their pantry in case their regularly delivered meals are missed due to emergency weather like hurricanes or winter storms. As you know hurricanes and winter storms can shut down our cities in this region easily!
Due to this weather, some seniors can have interrupted service in these events, so we want to make sure they don't go hungry even in these circumstances.
We need your help to make all these deliveries - we had over 700 meals delivered to seniors June 2018!
Check out our pictures from last year’s event: https://www.ssseva.org/gallery/index/album/id/24/
- HR: ID on file Must be at least 3. Waived - see profile notes
- HR: What is your age category? Must be at least 21 and older
- Transit: How much can you comfortably lift? Must be at least 10 lbs
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening