Facilities - Maintenance Worker
Maintenance Volunteers work on WRA’s site. The grounds are used to support local wildlife, outdoor programs and houses the Administration and Care Centre buildings. Maintenance volunteers allow the Centre to continue to operation at all time, saving dollars in services that can then go directly to care. All volunteers must provide a Criminal Record Check.
- Communicate with relevant staff regarding tasks
- Communicate with Director of Operations regarding problems, tools, equipment needed
- Maintain tools and work shed
- Knowledge of trades, tools
- Knowledge and skills in methodology of carpentry or electrical or plumbing etc.
- Up-to-date Tetanus Vaccination
- An orientation will be provided by the Director of Volunteer Resources and/or a Maintenance lead volunteer and/or Director of Operations
- Supporting the WRA in providing building to house animals and the supports needed to sustain the site
- Skills learned, connections made, invitation to our annual volunteer appreciate event
- Volunteers are expected to work independently on a variety of projects as assigned or as needed, this can vary depending on Care Centre needs
- Hours depend on season, weather