Support Centre - Admissions Volunteer
- Assist the public & transport volunteers dropping off wildlife
- Fill out forms
- Complete "quick admit's" for patients in the database
- Coordinating health checks with the wildlife hospital
- Scan casework
- Accept donations
- Complete Data Entry
This role is perfect for someone who:
- Wants to make a difference for wildlife and the people who help them
- Is a self-proclaimed 'people person' and has excellent communication skills
- Has the ability to de-escalate situations and conflict
- Can enforce protocols with the public & volunteers and leave people with a positive experience
- Has good computer skills
- Doesn't mind a role with a changing pace. Some days are very busy with non-stop admissions, while others can be quite slow and you may want to bring a good book.
This role does NOT offer "hands-on" experience working with animals.
Time Commitment is a regular weekly shift 4-6 hours per week (i.e. Every Monday 10am - 3pm). Volunteers are expected to complete a minimum of 100 hours total.