Administration - Volunteer Recruitment Assistant
Want to gain experience in management and communication?
Want to work with like-minded people in a Wildlife Rehabilitation environment?
Apply to become a Volunteer Recruitment Assistant today!
(Photo Credit: Paul Steeves)
Who are we:
We are a registered non-profit established in 1979. We are the largest wildlife rehabilitation facility in terms of intakes in Canada; we serve nearly 5000 wildlife patients each year! We rehabilitate injured wildlife, raise orphaned wildlife, and treat pollution-damaged wildlife with a goal of release back into the wild.
We have a team of over 160 volunteers, whom along with staff run our Wildlife Hospital 365 days a year. We are currently looking for Volunteer Recruitment Assistants for our busy summer season! Volunteer Recruitment Assistant Volunteers provide much-needed administration support to the volunteer resources team. Volunteer Recruitment Assistants are tasked with communicating and interacting with potential volunteers for Wildlife Rescue.
We expect you to:
- Be 19 years old or older.
- Have a minimum of 100 hours commitment. (This can be achieved in conjunction with another volunteer role).
- Have leadership experience and leadership skills. A good speaker with a positive attitude.
- Have experience with email and/or face-to-face communication and customer service. Be able to think on your feet and problem solve.
- Be detail-oriented and articulate - you will be the first point of contact for many prospective volunteers.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adapt to changing protocols and procedures.
- Attend all onboarding training and participate in additional workshops.
- Be punctual. Arrive in time to be ready to work at the beginning of your shift. Give yourself time to settle in.
- Be flexible and willing - follow instructions from staff and other volunteers, help out where help is needed, be positive. Be willing to learn about local wildlife species and their biology.
- Communicate any interest you have in specific activities – staff may not always ask, but there are lots of opportunities to do different things once the daily tasks are completed.
- Let us know if you need to book any time off. We need as much advanced notice as possible to fill your shift!
You can expect us to:
- Work with you on a flexible schedule, we generally require you to be on site for a minimum of 2 hours a week. There may be some work from home opportunities for this position.
- Provide you with a 3-hour initial training session, with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Provide you with training in using online volunteer software database.
- Provide opportunities to cross-train in other volunteer positions in Wildlife Rescue, including Animal Care.
- Provide a friendly and supportive environment in which you will have the opportunity to learn about leadership and management.
- Provide a reference letter for you after you have completed your 100-hour minimum commitment.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please fill in an application and select "Administration - Volunteer Recruitment Assistant" under "General Interests".
We look forward to meeting you soon!