After School - Music Instructor
Be a part of serving the community by creating opportunities for under-privileged children to learn and explore parts of music they may not have access to otherwise!
The Music Instructor is an instrumental part of The Salvation Army Metropolitan Division’s thriving music program. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Teach the following instruments to students at a variety of levels
- Guitar, Ukulele, Bass Drum, Piano
- Provide one-on-one and small group lessons as needed
- Share your passion for and knowledge of music with children
Music Instructor volunteers are needed Monday – Friday during the school year after 3:00pm. Shifts can be made flexible based on volunteer availability.
- 18 years or older
- Basic music competencies in guitar, ukulele, bass drum, or piano required
- Reliable, professional, and hard working
- Full of energy
- Passion for teaching and working with children
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Captain Daniel Paredes at (773) 257-0700
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- Illinois Mandated Reporter Training Must be Completed
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older