Facility and Lawn Maintenance - Facilities and Lawn Maintenance Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the St. Augustine Humane Society! We want every pet to have the chance to live happy, healthy lives with their loving families. Our programs and resources are designed to fight against the most common reasons pets are relinquished to shelters. By providing these lifesaving resources to the community, we are able to help reduce the need for animals to enter shelters, helping end needless euthanasia.
What is the Facilities and Lawn Maintenance Volunteer position?
In order to best serve our community, our facilities and grounds need to be kept in good, working condition. Facilities and Lawn Maintenance Volunteers help ensure that everything is cleaned, well-maintained, and running smoothly so that our attention and resources can be put towards helping the pets who need it most.
Do I have the qualifications needed to become a Facilities and Lawn Maintenance Volunteer?
The best volunteers are concerned for the wellbeing of animals, are able to work alone, have good communication and listening skills, and high situational awareness. If you have experience with lawn care, landscaping, carpentry, electrical services, plumbing, or other related skills, you will be an effective Facilities and Lawn Maintenance Volunteer.
How much time must I commit as a Facilities and Lawn Maintenance Volunteer?
There is no set number of hours to volunteer in this position. You will largely be volunteering by yourself under the instruction of our Operations Manager. How much time you would like to devote to volunteering is completely up to you, though larger projects will require more time.
What are the responsibilities of the Facilities and Lawn Maintenance Volunteer?
- Ability to perform assigned tasks as directed by the St. Augustine Humane Society staff
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Provide proof of license if requested
- Have positive attitude and demeanor
- Must sign Volunteer Agreement and Waiver before volunteering
Our mission. The St. Augustine Humane Society promotes healthy, responsible, lifelong pet ownership by serving the medical and rehabilitative needs of companion animals in our community. Our programs are designed to strengthen human-pet relationships and reduce the need for pets to enter shelters. Our goal is to ensure all pets have access to quality veterinary care, prevent overpopulation, and prevent animal suffering.
For more information, please visit www.staughumane.org.
- Age Must be at least 18 - 55
- How much weight can you safely and comfortably lift? Must be at least 31 - 40 pounds
- Skill Level: Building Renovations Must be at least Basic
- Skill Level: Landscaping Must be at least Basic
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday Morning