Dog Training - Dog Training Setup/Takedown Volunteers
SETUP/TAKEDOWN VOLUNTEER DESCRIPTION
Because behavioral issues are one of the main reasons pet parents relinquish their pets, we are proud to offer dog training services to families who are having trouble communicating with their pet through the Dogs Are Family Dog Training program. The ultimate goal of the program is to keep each dog in their home for life through positive reinforcement training, and by providing a fun and positive atmosphere where pets and families can bond!
Volunteers are needed to help set up and take down training equipment. Dog training classes will be on Saturdays, and set up will begin at 7:45am. There will be downtime in between set up and take down. Volunteers are free to leave during this time, or stay and observe the classes. Volunteers who can only make it in the morning or afternoon are still encouraged to help volunteer.
- Assist with set up and take down of training equipment
- Assist Dog Trainer with tasks as directed
- Help maintain a positive and professional atmosphere
- Must be able to lift training equipment
- Must wear tennis shoes, modest shorts without tears, a modest top without offensive content
- Good communication and listening skills
- High situational awareness
- Background check and signed waiver
All volunteers are provided with on-the-job training. Volunteers are paired with an experienced volunteer until they are comfortable enough to perform the required tasks on their own. There is always staff on hand volunteers can contact if they have any questions.
- Age Must be at least 13 - 15
- How much weight can you safely and comfortably lift? Must be at least 21 - 30 pounds
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Saturday, September 28, 2019||7:45 AM||11:30 AM|
|Saturday, October 05, 2019||7:45 AM||11:30 AM|
|Saturday, October 12, 2019||7:45 AM||11:30 AM|
|Saturday, October 19, 2019||7:45 AM||11:30 AM|
|Saturday, October 26, 2019||7:45 AM||11:30 AM|
|Saturday, November 02, 2019||7:45 AM||11:30 AM|
|Saturday, November 09, 2019||7:45 AM||11:30 AM|