Dog Training - Dog Training Assistant
DOG TRAINING ASSISTANT’S DESCRIPTION
Because behavioral issues are one of the main reasons pet parents relinquish their pets, we are proud to offer dog training services to those parents who are having trouble communicating with their pet through the Dogs Are Family Dog Training program. The ultimate goal of the program is to keep each dog in their home for life through positive reinforcement training, and by providing a fun and positive atmosphere where pets and families can bond! Each dog training program lasts for six weeks, and will meet on Saturdays. Volunteers will need to stay for the duration of the classes, and to help set up and take down.
One of the most important aspects of the Dog Trainer’s Assistant position is that this volunteer must be committed to positive reinforcement training, as that is the cornerstone of Carolyn Hall’s training method. As a member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers, Carolyn is committed to force-free and fear-free training, and the Volunteer Assistant must be as well. Volunteer Assistants do not need to be certified as a Dog Trainer, nor do they need previous dog training experience, as they will be receiving on-the-job training. However, the Volunteer Assistant must abide by the force-free and fear-free methods or they will be asked to leave the program. This is a fun and exciting position, and we’re looking for someone as equally happy as Carolyn is about helping animals and their families.
- Support the safe and positive training environment as developed by the Dog Trainer
- Assist Dog Trainer as directed during classes
- Help maintain a positive and professional atmosphere
- Ensure that correct information is disseminated to all participants
- Assist with set-up and take-down of training equipment
- Must abide by the positive reinforcement methods as instructed by Carolyn Hall
- Must be eager to have fun and learn!
- Must be able to attend dog training classes
- Must be able to lift training equipment
- Must wear tennis shoes, modest shorts without tears, a modest top without offensive content
- Good communication and listening skills
- Background check and signed waiver
All volunteers are provided with on-the-job training. Volunteers are paired with an experienced volunteer until they are comfortable enough to perform the required tasks on their own. There is always staff on hand volunteers can contact if they have any questions.
- Age Must be at least 16 - 17
- How much weight can you safely and comfortably lift? Must be at least 21 - 30 pounds
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Saturday, May 26, 2018||7:45 AM||12:30 PM|