Special Events - Special Events Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the St. Augustine Humane Society! We want every pet to have the chance to live happy, healthy lives with their loving families. Our programs and resources are designed to fight against the most common reasons pets are relinquished to shelters. By providing these lifesaving resources to the community, we are able to help reduce the need for animals to enter shelters, helping end needless euthanasia.
What is the Special Events Volunteer position?
The Special Events Volunteer helps create and put on successful fundraising and special events. In order to help the most pets in our community as possible, we offer our resources and programs at reduced or free pricing. Because we do not accept funding from the government, we rely on support from our generous community. Special Events Volunteers help plan and host fundraisers, humane education events, and other special projects for the Humane Society.
Do I have the qualifications needed to become a Special Events Volunteer?
The best Special Events Volunteers are concerned for the wellbeing of animals and want to ensure that every pet stays with their loving families instead of being relinquished to an animal shelter. If you are highly motivated, organized, able to work alone, have good communication and listening skills, and have experience with fundraising and event planning, you will be an effective Special Events Volunteer.
How much time must I commit as a Special Events Volunteer?
Though there are many ways to help with fundraising and event planning, most volunteers find a specific project they are passionate about and help with that program throughout the year. In this position you will largely be volunteering by yourself or attending committee meetings with other group members. How much time you devote to volunteering is up to you, though you should expect to volunteer for more hours the closer we get to one of our events.
What are the responsibilities of the Special Events Volunteer?
- Plan and organize special events and fundraisers for the St. Augustine Humane Society
- Attend committee meetings on a regular basis
- Solicit donations and foster partnerships with local businesses and organizations
- Represent the Humane Society in a positive manner at all times
- Be highly motivated and able to work alone
- Have a positive attitude and demeanor
- Must sign Volunteer Agreement and Waiver before volunteering
- Must wear professional, respectable attire when representing the Humane Society in a public manner
Our mission. The St. Augustine Humane Society promotes healthy, responsible, lifelong pet ownership by serving the medical and rehabilitative needs of companion animals in our community. Our programs are designed to strengthen human-pet relationships by reducing the need for pets to enter shelters. Our goal is to encourage the humane treatment of animals, prevent overpopulation, and prevent animal suffering.
For more information, please visit www.staughumane.org.
- Age Must be at least 18 - 55
- Skill Level: Event Planning Must be at least Basic
- Skill Level: Microsoft Office Must be at least Basic