Pet Food Pantry - Pet Food Drive Host
PET FOOD DRIVE HOST DESCRIPTION
Our Pet Food Pantry plays an important role in ensuring that pet owners who are experiencing financial hardships are able to keep their pets instead of relinquishing them to shelters. This is a temporary, need-based program, and participants must show proof of financial hardship in order to enroll. Each recipient will receive a half-month supply of food per visit, for two visits each month. Assistance is limited to six months. The Pet Food Pantry is open every Friday during our normal business hours.
The Pet Food Drive Host will ensure that the Pet Food Pantry has enough pet food to support our community by hosting pet food drives. These can be door-to-door solicitations, or larger pet food drives held in the community. Because we distribute over 1,600 pounds of pet food each month, this is a very important position to ensure the success of this program.
- Host Pet Food Drive in the community
- Ensure that all donated bags are unopened and sealed
- Educate community about the St. Augustine Humane Society's mission
- Help bring in pet food donations
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to lift large bags of pet food
- Good communication and listening skills
- Background check and signed waiver
All volunteers are provided with on-the-job training. Volunteers are paired with an experienced volunteer until they are comfortable enough to perform the required tasks on their own. There is always staff on hand volunteers can contact if they have any questions.
- Age Must be at least Younger than 12