Dive into the world of creativity and join us in a role that's as exciting as it is imaginative! We're on the lookout for enthusiastic individuals to join forces with our Arts Officer. Get ready to be a part of something extraordinary as we embark on a journey filled with drop-in creative activities, artist workshops, and mind-blowing projects!
Are you someone whose heart beats to the rhythm of creativity? Do you dream in colours and imagine possibilities beyond the ordinary? Then, buckle up because this is the role for you! We're not just looking for volunteers; we're searching for creative trailblazers who are passionate about unleashing the power of imagination
And that's not all! Get ready to be part of something big as you support larger-than-life creative events that will leave you and others in awe. So, if you're ready to infuse your passion into a role that's bursting with possibilities, join us on this adventure and let's make creativity the star of the show
The Auckland Project, Bishop Auckland. Here's the best part – this is not your typical volunteering gig. It's an opportunity that will enable you to shape the role with your own creative flair! Picture yourself contributing to The Auckland Tower, No.42, Spanish Art Gallery, The Faith Museum and the Mining Art Gallery – places where art comes to life!
How much time will I be expected to give?
You choose, we will add all the opportunities to support these activities to your bespoke volunteer page once they are booked, and then you can sign up to sessions.
What skills and qualities do I need?
Absolutely no experience or qualifications are necessary for this fantastic opportunity to acquire new skills. We believe this role is perfect for individuals who:
· Are proactive with a positive nature
· Enthusiastic and willing to share a passion for art and crafting
· Reliable, well-presented, friendly and polite
· Comfortable collaborating as part of a team
• Are able to undertake the activity with and without supervision
We are excited to welcome people with some or all of these qualities to the team.
What support and training will I receive?
Don’t worry we’ve got you, with a warm welcome and some great training:
You’ll kick things off with a friendly welcome session, a great way to dive into your new adventure.
What will you expect from me as ……….?
Your volunteering will be a big deal, you will be helping make Bishop Auckland even better. Here’s what we need from you, simple and clear
· Be buddies with everyone – staff, volunteers and visitors. We are all in this together!
· Learn the ropes – take the training we offer, and join meetings when they happen.
· Spread the positivity – you are our ambassador, keep it upbeat.
· Safety first – know what to do in case of fire or emergency.
· Stick to the rules – our policies and procedures are our team playbook, let’s play by them
What can I expect from gifting my time as a ……… ?
Here’s what you can expect from this fantastic opportunity – clear and important:
· The chance to learn and develop fresh skills and experiences; fine tune your excellent art and crafting skills
· Fair respect and treatment – you’re a valued part of the team!
· We see and appreciate the difference you make – recognition and gratitude are part of the deal.
· Meeting a diverse range of people, making connections and forging new friendships.
· Personal satisfaction that you have truly enhanced our participants/visitors’ experience.
· Valuable work experience, especially if you have an eye to a future in the culture and heritage sector.
· A CV and job application boost – real, hands-on experience to set you apart.
How to apply