Spanish Gallery Invigilation/Engager
Step into a world where the vibrant colours of 16th and 17th-century Spanish art come alive!
The Spanish Art Gallery proudly holds the UK's largest collection of Spanish artworks outside of London - featuring the great works of Murillo and El Greco. Let the gallery be your time machine, transporting you over 300 years back to witness the epic voyage of these masterpieces from the landscapes of Spain to Britain.
If you are interested in Spanish Art, History, or Culture, and you thrive on engaging with the public, then this could be the ideal volunteering opportunity for you! Join us as a Volunteer Invigilator / Engager and become an integral part of our mission to bring the majesty of Spanish Art to life!
Spanish Gallery - The Auckland Project, Bishop Auckland
Time Commitment and Info
Ideally, we would prefer people who can commit to at least one shift a week - but this is a suggestion and we are happy to discuss your availability with you.
Our Visitor Attractions are open Wed – Sunday (including Bank Holiday Mondays)
What skills and qualities do I need?
No previous experience or qualifications are necessary for this fantastic opportunity to acquire new skills. We believe this role is perfect for individuals who:
· Radiate a welcoming, approachable and helpful demeanour
· Are proactive with a positive nature, an interest in providing an excellent visitor experience
· Enthusiastic and willing to learn about Spanish Art, History and Culture
· Reliable, well-presented, friendly and polite
· Comfortable collaborating as part of a team
• Are able to undertake the activity with and without supervision
We are excited to welcome people with some or all of these qualities to the team.
What support and training will I receive?
Don’t worry we’ve got you, with a warm welcome and some great training:
You’ll kick things off with a friendly welcome session, a great way to dive into your new adventure. Our fantastic Visitor Operations team members will be your go to guides, showing you the ropes and making sure you are ok.
You won’t be flying solo! An experienced buddy will be right there with you, making sure you have what you need to understand the role.
Need a hand? Our amazing supervisors are on standby to lend a hand and provide the support you need.
But wait, there’s more! We’ve also got Spanish Gallery online training modules and briefing notes to make learning a breeze. We are all about setting you up for a success on this journey.
What will you expect from me as a Spanish Gallery Volunteer?
Your volunteering will be a big deal, you will be helping make Bishop Auckland even better. Here’s what we need from you, simple and clear:
· Be buddies with everyone – staff, volunteers and visitors We are all in this together!
· Learn the ropes – take the training we offer, and join meetings when they happen.
· Spread the positivity – you are our ambassador, keep it upbeat.
· Safety first – know what to do in case of fire or emergency
Stick to the rules – our policies and procedures are our team playbook, let’s play by them
What can I expect from gifting my time as a Spanish Gallery Volunteer?
Here’s what you can expect from this fantastic opportunity – clear and important:
· A warm and delightful experience for you and our visitors
· The chance to learn and develop fresh skills and experiences; fine tune your excellent customer service skills
· Fair respect and treatment – you’re a valued part of the team!
· We see and appreciate the difference you make – recognition and gratitude are part of the deal.
· Meeting a diverse range of people, making connections and forging new friendships.
· Personal satisfaction that you have truly enhanced our visitors’ experience.
· Valuable work experience, especially if you have an eye to a future in Heritage and Culture
· A CV and job application boost – real, hands-on experience to set you apart.
How to Apply