Auckland Tower Meet and Greet
Elevate your volunteer experience by becoming a part of the action at Auckland Tower!
Positioned in the heart of Bishop Auckland’s Marketplace, this 29-metre iconic Tower, complete with an incredible 15-metre viewing platform and modern design, invites visitors to enjoy breath-taking, 360 degrees across the Deer Park and beyond!
Auckland Tower - The Auckland Project, Bishop Auckland
Time Commitment and Info
Ideally, we would prefer people who can commit to one shift per week. However, this is a suggestion and we are happy to discuss your availability with you.
Our Visitor Attractions are open Wed – Sunday (including Bank Holiday Mondays)
What skills and qualities do I need?
No previous experience or qualifications are necessary for this fantastic opportunity to acquire new skills. We believe this role is perfect for individuals who:
· Radiate a welcoming, approachable and helpful demeanour
· Are proactive with a positive nature, an interest in providing an excellent visitor experience
· Enthusiastic and willing to learn about Auckland Tower and the Auckland Project’s temporary exhibitions and offers
· Reliable, well-presented, friendly and polite
· Comfortable collaborating as part of a team
• Are able to undertake the activity with and without supervision
We are excited to welcome people with some or all of these qualities to the team.
What support and training will I receive?
Don’t worry we’ve got you, with a warm welcome and some great training:
You’ll begin things with a friendly welcome session, a great way to begin your volunteering journey. Our fantastic Visitor Operations team members will be on hand to offer support and ensure that you feel comfortable, every step of the way.
You won’t be flying solo! An experienced buddy will be right there with you, making sure you have what you need to understand the role.
But wait, there’s more! We’ve also got Auckland Tower briefing notes to make learning a breeze. We are all about setting you up for a success on this journey.
What will you expect from me as a Auckland Tower Volunteer?
Your volunteering will be a big deal, you will be helping make Bishop Auckland even better. Here’s what we need from you, simple and clear:
· Be buddies with everyone – staff, volunteers and visitors We are all in this together!
· Learn the ropes – take the training we offer, and join meetings when they happen.
· Spread the positivity – you are our ambassador, keep it upbeat.
· Safety first – know what to do in case of fire or emergency.
· Stick to the rules – our policies and procedures are our team playbook, let’s play by them
What can I expect from gifting my time as an Auckland Tower Volunteer?
Here’s what you can expect from this fantastic opportunity – clear and important:
· A warm and delightful experience for you and our visitors
· The chance to learn and develop fresh skills and experiences; fine tune your excellent customer service skills
· Fair respect and treatment – you’re a valued part of the team!
· We see and appreciate the difference you make – recognition and gratitude are part of the deal.
· Meeting a diverse range of people, making connections and forging new friendships.
· Personal satisfaction that you have truly enhanced our visitors’ experience.
· Valuable work experience, especially if you have an eye to a future in Retail
· A CV and job application boost – real, hands-on experience to set you apart.
How to Apply