Gift Shops Team
Embark on an exhilarating journey as a Gift Shop Volunteer with our Visitor Operations Team! If you are someone who loves retail, has a good eye for detail and enjoys interacting with customers, then this could be the volunteering opportunity for you!
As a gift shop volunteer, your warm personality and enthusiasm for our retail products will breathe life into our gift shops. In this role you will help with selling and upselling, stock replenishment and assist with creating captivating retail displays. Plus, you will have the opportunity to showcase our exciting new product launches throughout the year.
So, if you’re passionate about customer service, have a keen eye for detail and would like to contribute to the lively atmosphere of our Gift Shops, then why not join the team? We’d love to heave you on board!
Gift Shops – The Auckland Project, Bishop Auckland
Your support in these tasks ensures a welcoming and inviting atmosphere and visitor experience.
Time Commitment and Info
We seek volunteers who enjoy variety and are adaptable. In this role, we are looking for individuals who can handle a variety of tasks and locations with ease.
Ideally, we would like volunteers who can commit to at least one shift per week - but we are flexible and happy to discuss your availability.
Our Visitor Attractions are open Wed – Sunday (including Bank Holiday Mondays) – providing plenty of volunteering opportunities to get involved in!
What skills and qualities do I need?
No previous Retail / Gift Shop experience or qualifications are necessary for this fantastic opportunity to acquire new skills. We believe this role is perfect for individuals who:
· Radiate a welcoming, approachable and helpful demeanour
· Are proactive with a positive nature, an interest in providing an excellent visitor experience
· Enthusiastic and willing to learn about our Retail Offer
· Reliable, well-presented, friendly and polite
· Comfortable collaborating as part of a team
• Are able to undertake the activity with and without supervision
We are excited to welcome people with some or all of these qualities to the team.
What support and training will I receive?
Don’t worry we’ve got you, with a warm welcome and some great training:
You’ll start your volunteer journey with a warm, friendly welcome session. Our fantastic Visitor Operations team members will be there to act as your guides and introduce you to everything that you will need to know and ensure that you are comfortable at each part of the process.
You won’t be flying solo! An experienced buddy will be right there with you, making sure you have what you need to understand the role.
Need a hand? Our amazing supervisors are on standby to lend a hand and provide the support you need.
But wait, there’s more! We’ve got bespoke Retail Till training and briefing notes to make learning a breeze. We are all about setting you up for a success on this journey.
What will you expect from me as a Gift Shop Volunteer?
Your volunteering will be a big deal, you will be helping make Bishop Auckland even better. Here’s what we need from you, simple and clear:
· Be buddies with everyone – staff, volunteers and visitors. We are all in this together!
· Learn the ropes – take the training we offer, and join meetings when they happen.
· Spread the positivity – you are our ambassador, keep it upbeat.
· Safety first – know what to do in case of fire or emergency.
· Stick to the rules – our policies and procedures are our team playbook, let’s play by them
What can I expect from gifting my time as a Gift Shop Volunteer?
Here’s what you can expect from this fantastic opportunity – clear and important:
· A warm and delightful experience for you and our visitors
· The chance to learn and develop fresh skills and experiences; fine tune your excellent customer service skills
· Fair respect and treatment – you’re a valued part of the team!
· We see and appreciate the difference you make – recognition and gratitude are part of the deal.
· Meeting a diverse range of people, making connections and forging new friendships.
· Personal satisfaction that you have truly enhanced our visitors’ experience.
· Valuable work experience, especially if you have an eye to a future in Retail
· A CV and job application boost – real, hands-on experience to set you apart.
How to Apply