Certified Public Accountant / Enrolled Agent
Iowa Legal Aid provides free, high quality legal education, advice and representation to low-income and elderly Iowans with civil legal problems. If you would like a meaningful, dynamic and professional volunteer opportunity, please consider volunteering with Iowa Legal Aid’s Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC).
- Assist with preparation of past due returns or amending returns.
- Assist with audits, audit reconsiderations, appeals or seeking collection alternatives.
- Provide client with basic recordkeeping tips and pointers to assist client in being more successful going forward.
- Certified Public Accountant / Enrolled Agent.
- Maintain confidentiality and provide representation consistent with professional requirements, Circular 230 and IRC 7216.
Training and Support:
- Volunteers will have access to free on-line legal resources through probono.net and co-counseling.
- Volunteers will receive notifications of available trainings provided by Iowa Legal Aid.
- Volunteers will be covered under Iowa Legal Aid’s malpractice coverage.
- Most cases are placed externally and service is provided by the volunteer at his or her regular place of business.
- Volunteers needing office space to perform volunteer activities or wishing to only work on in-house cases may make arrangements with the regional Iowa Legal Aid office. Tax Software is available in some regional offices.
- The time commitment will depend on the volunteer’s availability and Iowa Legal Aid’s needs.
- Work with dedicated, passionate and collegial staff and volunteers.
- Positively impact members of your community.
If you are interested in this volunteer position, please visit the “Careers and Volunteers” page at www.iowalegalaid.org
Please note that all positions may not be available at all times or locations nearest you. For example, a particular position may have been filled or we may have limited capacity to engage volunteers with certain types of skills. Even though we cannot guarantee a placement to every prospective volunteer, we will do our best to match the applicants’ skills and interests with our present needs.
Iowa Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified applicants upon request
Auxiliary aids and services are available in alternative formats