Iowa Legal Aid provides free, high quality legal education, advice and representation to low-income and elderly Iowans with civil legal problems that most dramatically affect Iowa’s poor and vulnerable populations. We rely on volunteers to help us reach even more people and provide them with excellent services. If you would like a meaningful, dynamic and professional volunteer position, please consider serving as a volunteer website reviewer.
- Review articles on the Iowa Legal Aid website to help maintain our accessibility standards.
- Note any information or articles that people will look for but is not available.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the use of computers and ability to learn how to use Website Review documents.
- Pays attention to details such as spelling and punctuation.
Training and Support:
- Volunteer will be trained on Iowa Legal Aid’s computers and Website Review documents.
- Volunteer will receive support and supervision from Iowa Legal Aid’s staff and/or AmeriCorps members.
- The time commitment will depend on the volunteer’s availability and Iowa Legal Aid’s needs.
- This position can be performed remotely or in one of Iowa Legal Aid’s regional offices.
- Iowa Legal Aid offices are located in Cedar Rapids, Council Bluffs, Davenport, Des Moines, Dubuque, Iowa City, Mason City, Ottumwa, Sioux City and Waterloo.
- Work with dedicated, passionate and collegial staff and volunteers.
- Positively impact members of your community.
- Help provide educational materials to Iowans.
If you are interested in this volunteer position, please visit the “Careers and Volunteers” page at www.iowalegalaid.org
Please note that all positions may not be available at all times or locations nearest you. For example, a particular position may have been filled or we may have limited capacity to engage volunteers with certain types of skills. Even though we cannot guarantee a placement to every prospective volunteer, we will do our best to match the applicant’s skills and interests with our present needs.
Iowa Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified applicants upon request
Auxiliary aids and services are available in alternative formats