Volunteering from Home - Telephone Reassurance
Do you enjoy talking on the phone? During the COVID-19 outbreak it is more important than ever to keep in touch with our Home-delivered Meal clients. Because they are currently receiving meals once a week, your call could be a real comfort to those who are isolated and alone. Just knowing someone cares can make a big difference.
Each week you will receive an updated list of client names to call. Volunteers are asked to complete a log in Excel and email the log back to volunteer services weekly. Phone calls can occur between 10 am - 4 pm, Monday - Friday at your discretion. The typical time commitment is 3 hours per week. Training is provided.
- Are you at least 18 years of age? Must be Yes
- Are you completing Community Service hours? Must be No
- Background Check Must be at least Level 1 Passed
- Do you have a valid driver's license? Must be Yes
- Do you have experience and access to Excel? Must be I have access and experience with Excel.
- Elder Abuse Test Must be Passed
- Food Safety Test Must be Passed