Food Bank of Manatee - Bradenton - Sorting & packing donated food
Volunteer needs vary greatly based on the volume of donated food. During the COVID pandemic, the need for food and volunteers is greater than ever. In an effort to ensure social distancing, please sign up for a shift in advance.
During your shift you may be sorting donated food. These activities take place in an air-conditioned warehouse, and involves standing and lifting up to 15 pounds.
Food Bank of Manatee
811 23rd Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34208
- All individuals must wear masks and gloves before entering the building, and at all times.
- Volunteers who are feeling ill in any way should not come to our facility. If you are scheduled to volunteer and feel ill, please notify Bunny by phone or email that you are unable to volunteer.
- To insure adequate social distancing, all shifts must be scheduled in advance, no walk-ins please.
- Volunteers are asked to arrive at the start of their shift. If you would like to stay for an additional shift but are not signed up, please check with staff first.
- If you are sick, or cannot make your scheduled shift, please notify Volunteer Services as soon as possible by phone at 941-747-4655, ext. 1223.
General reminders when volunteering at The Food Bank of Manatee:
- Please park near The Food Bank of Manatee and be careful not to block any vehicles.
- Do not park in front of green cones.
- Water and coffee are provided to all volunteers. Feel free to bring your own drinks.
- Volunteers are not permitted to eat or drink anything that has been donated to The Food Bank of Manatee. If you are volunteering for several hours, please pack your own lunch and enjoy it in the break area.
- Close-toed shoes are required, no flip flops or sandals please.
- Dress appropriately. Easy-moving work clothes in comfortable fabrics are best. No low-cut tops, halters tops, or short shorts or low-hanging pants please.
- Remember to sign IN and OUT daily.
- Please take care of the workspace and do not leave empty bottles or trash behind.
- Are you at least 16 years of age? Must be Yes
- Are you completing Community Service hours? Must be No
The next 10 shifts (out of 258 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Tuesday, July 05, 2022||8:30 AM||11:00 AM|
|Tuesday, July 05, 2022||11:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Wednesday, July 06, 2022||8:30 AM||11:00 AM|
|Wednesday, July 06, 2022||11:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Thursday, July 07, 2022||8:30 AM||11:00 AM|
|Thursday, July 07, 2022||11:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Friday, July 08, 2022||8:30 AM||11:00 AM|
|Friday, July 08, 2022||11:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Monday, July 11, 2022||8:30 AM||11:00 AM|
|Monday, July 11, 2022||11:00 AM||1:00 PM|