Veteran's Residence - Computer Lab Teacher- Veteran’s Residence
Computer Lab Teacher- Veteran’s Residence
- Position Description: A Computer Lab teacher presents structured classes in basic computer functions for the veterans living in our veterans building. A teacher may develop lesson plans or work with a staff member to prepare of class outlines. Use of volunteer teachers will increase the number of classes that can offered in the Computer Lab.
- Qualifications: A Computer Lab classroom teacher must be very knowledgeable about the application to be taught and be able to communicate well with groups of veterans (some with limited computer knowledge). A teacher will need to be patient and able to encourage students in their learning. Teachers will need to be available at times that students are able to attend classes. Some of the veterans may have a disability.
- Length of Commitment: Will be negotiated. In general, Computer Lab volunteers are asked to commit to a three-month involvement with the center.
- Time Involvement: Teachers will generally need to attend a scheduled two-hour orientation before starting. Time for planning and delivery of a class will be dependent on whether the class has been developed and given previously and how many sessions are needed to cover the material.
- Requirements: A criminal background check is required. Must be 18 years or older.
- Background Check
- Which age catergory do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older