Programmatic - Homework Club Supervisor
Position Overview: Help local school children and foster their ability to succeed in school. Oversee study room activities to ensure a safe, welcoming environment for fun and learning.
- Monitor Homework Club activities and help keep environment conducive to learning.
- Supervise Homework Coaches
- Collaborate with staff to create enrichment activities for those who complete their homework
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Satisfaction of making an important difference in students’ learning and success in school
- Network and interact with interesting, diverse staff and other volunteers
- Help Homework Coaches and students using leadership skills
- Gain the appreciation of students, school teachers, the Seven Trees community and library staff for your contributions
An orientation to Homework Club will be provided, covering library resources available to students. Enrichment training will occur as needed. Assistance from library staff during Club hours
- Prior experience tutoring is a plus, but not required
- Must have the requisite basic skills to support students in grades K-8. This can be strength in one subject area or general knowledge.
- Experience or interest working with students/youth
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Second language ability a plus
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared prior to volunteering
- Ages 18 years and older
- Homework Club Supervisors need to commit to volunteering weekly on Thursdays from 4:00pm-6:00 pm during the school year.
- Age Must be at least 18+
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least High
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday - Afternoon, Evening