Office/Administrative - Virtual Engagement Assistant
Virtual Engagement Assistant
Volunteers are at the heart of the MS Society. Join an exciting, dynamic and diverse organization that is committed to improving the lives of Canadians with multiple sclerosis and accelerating the high-quality research for a future free of MS.
The Virtual Engagement Assistant will support the Development, Program and Services, and Volunteer Engagement units at the MS Society - Victoria office. Please note that this is a remote role which involves working off-site and communicating with the office virtually.
Take action against MS and perform your own act of greatness by volunteering! #ActsofGreatness
What you would be responsible for:
- Developing Better Impact tutorials and identifying more effective ways to use the volunteer database
- Researching different aspects to build on volunteer program
- Updating volunteer handbooks and other documents as assigned
- Creating and maintain volunteer lists
- Creating and maintaining poster lists
- Other duties as assigned based on volunteer’s interests and capabilities
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Previous administrative experience is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with others via phone/ video conferencing
- Proficient computer skills, including word, excel, MS Outlook and willingness to learn other computer applications
- Strong organization and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and reliable; able to fulfill duties on time
Support & Resources:
- Training and orientation as determined by the MS Society.
- Regular virtual check-ins with the Volunteer & Community Engagement Coordinator
- Develop strong administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Contribute your time to an important cause and see your impact on the organization
- Obtain a reference letter upon request
- Build a strong network and connect with the MS community
- Gain valuable experience in the non-profit/health services sector
- 2-3 hours weekly or biweekly
Join us in our fight to #endMS! Sign up to volunteer today and help create positive change. Apply online or contact Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-388-6496 x 7326.