Centre Opportunities - Reception, Retail, and TIC
We want visitors to enjoy their experience at Seaton Jurassic and return again and again. First impressions count; based in the entrance lobby, this role will ensure a positive, warm welcome tailored to the needs of each visitor, such that they are equipped to get the most out of their visit and are able to fully participate in and benefit from the Seaton Jurassic experience.
We want our beautiful wildlife and natural heritage to be accessible and inspiring for everyone, and you will provide the first, essential step in this journey.
You will be part of a team which ensures the entrance lobby becomes an Information Hub. Whether you have previous experience or not, the most important thing is that you are willing to have a go! Training will be provided to equip you with the skills to carry out your role, as will a Seaton Jurassic uniform and name badge.
• Meeting and greeting visitors and being sensitive to their needs
• Cash handling and using an electronic till to process entry tickets, and sell retail items
• The ability to remain calm and polite even at busy times
• Developing an understanding of Gift Aid and encouraging visitors to participate
• Managing visitor flow into the exhibit
• Offering advice and guidance on visitor route and activities, answer queries, and help with practical considerations such as door opening or acting as escorts for people with disabilities.
• Actively ensuring the welcome area is tidy and welcoming at all times
• Promoting events, activities and trips to Natural Seaton Hotspots
• Dealing positively with visitor comments & complaints in line with the Seaton Jurassic procedure, passing on to the Centre Manager as appropriate and record the comments for future reference
• Developing your knowledge of the area, its natural heritage, hotspots and partner organisation activities etc. and providing Tourist information support when necessary
• Representing Seaton Jurassic and Devon Wildlife Trust and upholding the values & beliefs of the company.
• Friendly, welcoming and accepting, you will enjoy meeting and talking to people and a have a good understanding of customer care
• Be able or willing to learn how to use a till and ticket booking system.
• A friendly manner and ability communicate concisely and clearly.
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Proactive and versatile - you may need to swap tasks at busy times to ensure visitor flow into the exhibit/ ticketing is fully covered.
• Willing to develop a good basic knowledge of the local heritage, and what Seaton Jurassic has to offer.