Bow Valley Wildland Provincial Park - 2021 Razor's Edge Trail Maintenance July 31, Aug 22, 28
Friends of Kananaskis Country
RAZOR'S EDGE TRAIL
Last year we completed the new 1.9 km connector trail (red line on map), yay!
This year we will be doing maintenance on the original Razor's Edge trail, improving the single track (bench cutting and tread work), and minor safety tweaks to some of the rock features (#1-#5). Due to the projects distance to access, the sessions will be longer so we can maximize our time and efforts.
August 22, 28
MEETING TIME 9:00 AM (project work day from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
MEETING LOCATION: Park and meet by Highway 1 next to the Quaite Valley Gate.
What to expect: The level of effort will range from moderate to difficult and include hand tool work such as digging, rock removal, removing duff and earth with picks and , and shoveling/raking out rutting.
* Come prepared to walk or bike approx. 4-5 km to the work site. If you bike, we will have cables for locking them out of sight in the woods (make sure you bring suitable working shoes).
WHAT TO BRING: Come prepared to work in an outdoor environment. Dress in layers, bring rain gear, hat, sunglasses & sunscreen, gloves, along with your lunch, water for the day, bear spray, and other personal gear. All of the tools and equipment will be supplied.
VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT FORM: You will need to fill out this volunteer agreement waiver prior to working on a trail care event. The form can be filled out once, and will be valid until March 31, 2022. To accelerate the paperwork process, please visit the link above to fill out this form ASAP prior to the trail day.
VOLUNTEERING & COVID-19
Please ensure you read the points below so we can all be safe while volunteering. Do not register for a trail day if you:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches and pains, sudden loss of taste or smell, or any feeling of illness.
- Have been in direct contact with anyone with the above symptoms or who has COVID 19 in the past 10 days.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days
- If you've had COVID 19, but have not had a negative post-infection test.
Each volunteer will be required to bring the following mandatory personal protective equipment:
- Work gloves
- Safety glasses
- Hand sanitizer
Please contact our Coordinator email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.
Note: Should we have to cancel a trail day – we will send you an email to confirm.
SCROLL DOWN PAGE TO SIGN UP - Sign up closes at 12pm on the day prior to the event.
VOLUNTEER AND/OR DONATE
Friends of Kananaskis Country offer a few ways to express your gratitude for Kananaskis Country – VOLUNTEER and/or DONATE!
We are always grateful for your volunteering and/or financial contributions that help us maintain our programs and operations, and contribute to the stewardship of Kananaskis Country.
Visit website to make a donation.
We hope you won't...but to unsubscribe:
1. Log/Sign into: myvolunteerpage.com
2. Click on the ‘My Profile’ tab and select ‘Organizations’
3. Select ‘Resign from Friends of Kananaskis Country’
4. Or email Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be removed.