Elbow-Sheep Wildland Provincial Park - 2022 - Mt Hoffmann
Friends of Kananaskis Country
MT HOFFMANN - TRAIL WORK
Elbow-Sheep Wildland Provincial Park
Dates: Saturday October 8
What to expect: FKC will be assisting Alberta Parks trail crew with upgrades to the Mount Hoffmann trail. The level of effort will range from moderate to difficult and mainly include working on steep slopes to undertake brushing, removing cut trees and trail finishing.
Meeting time: 9:30am (work day: 9:30am-3:30pm)
Meeting location: will be confirmed in trail day reminder sent the day prior.
REMINDER: a Kananaskis Conservation Pass is required to park your vehicle at provincial park and public lands sites in Kananaskis and the Bow Valley.
Volunteer Agreement Form: You will need to fill out this volunteer agreement waiver prior to working on a trail care event. The form will be valid until March 31, 2023. To accelerate the paperwork process, please visit the link above to fill out this form ASAP prior to the trail day.
VOLUNTEERING & COVID-19
Please ensure you read the points below so we can all be safe while volunteering. Do not register for a trail day if you:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches and pains, sudden loss of taste or smell, or any feeling of illness.
- Have been in direct contact with anyone with the above symptoms or who has COVID 19 in the past 10 days.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days
- If you've had COVID 19, but have not had a negative post-infection test.
Each volunteer will be required to bring the following mandatory personal protective equipment:
- Work gloves
- Mask (to be worn if <2m proximity to others due to trail work task or interaction with public)
- Safety glasses
- Hand sanitizer
Please contact our Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments.
SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO SIGN UP
- Sign up closes at 12pm on the day prior to the event.
- Confirmed sign-ups will receive a reminder email the day prior to the event with additional information on what to bring and any updates to meeting time/place.
- If you haven't already signed up as an FKC volunteer, you can do that here
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon