Public Land Projects - 2023 - Kan PLUZ - Prairie Creek
TRAIL CARE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Kananaskis Public Land Use Zone
This project will work on several trails in the Kananaskis Public Land Use Zone over multiple dates. Types of work will vary depending on the section and could include:
- Small to medium-sized tread repairs to fix drainage issues and overall tread condition
- Re-benching/fixing alignment of trail
- Brushing work to improve sightlines
- Rock work to remove rocks/boulders from trail surface on open scree slope sections
(work day: 9:30am-3:30pm)
Meeting location: will be confirmed in trail day reminder sent the day prior.
What to expect: The level of effort will be moderate-difficult and mainly include using hoes, rakes, Pulaskis, and loppers to work on re-benching sections of trail, minor drainage fixes, and brushing and limbing trees/bushes to improve sightlines and/or remove overgrown vegetation.
REMINDER: a Kananaskis Conservation Pass is required to park your vehicle at provincial park and public lands sites in Kananaskis and the Bow Valley.
Volunteer Agreement Form: You will need to fill out this volunteer agreement waiver prior to working on a trail care event. The form will be valid until March 31, 2024. To accelerate the paperwork process, please visit the link above to fill out this form ASAP prior to the trail day.
SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO SIGN UP
- Sign up closes at 12pm on the day prior to the event.
- Confirmed sign-ups will receive a reminder email the day prior to the event with additional information on what to bring and any updates to meeting time/place.
- If you haven't already signed up as an FKC volunteer, you can do that here
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon