Bow Valley Wildland Provincial Park - 2021 - General Trail Maintenance - Montane
Friends of Kananaskis Country & Canmore Trail Alliance
TRAIL CARE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
MONTANE TRAVERSE TRAIL – GENERAL TRAIL MAINTENANCE
Join us for some trail maintenance work on the Montane Traverse. Types of work performed could include improving the climbing switchbacks, improving trail tread, fixing minor drainage issues and brushing the trail corridor to improve sightlines and user safety.
What to expect: The level of effort will range from moderate to difficult and include hand tool work such as digging, rock removal, removing duff and earth with picks and , and shoveling/raking out rutting.
Friday June 25th (evening session 6-9 PM)
Tuesday June 29th (evening session 6-9 PM) CANCELLED due to heat warning
Thursday July 8 - 6-9 PM
Thursday July 15, 22, 29 - 5:30-8:30 PM
Thursday August 5, 12, 19, 26 - 5:30-8:30 PM
Thursday September 2 - 5:30-8:30 PM
Saturday October 2, 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
Friday October 29, 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
VOLUNTEERING & COVID-19
Please ensure you read the points below so we can all be safe while volunteering. Do not register for a trail day if you:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches and pains, sudden loss of taste or smell, or any feeling of illness.
- Have been in direct contact with anyone with the above symptoms or who has COVID 19 in the past 10 days.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days
- If you've had COVID 19, but have not had a negative post-infection test.
Each volunteer will be required to bring the following mandatory personal protective equipment:
- Work gloves
- Mask (to be worn if <2m proximity to others due to trail work task or interaction with public)
- Safety glasses
- Hand sanitizer
Please contact our Coordinator email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.
VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT FORM
- If you haven’t yet...you will need to fill out this volunteer agreement waiver prior to working on a trail care event.
- The form can be filled out once, and will be valid until March 31, 2022.
- To accelerate the paperwork process, please visit the link above to fill out this form online ASAP before the trail event.
SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO SIGN UP
- Sign up closes 21 hours prior to the event.
- Confirmed sign-ups will receive a reminder email the day prior to the event with additional information on what to bring and any updates to meeting time/place.
- If you haven't already signed up as an FKC or CTA volunteer, you can do that here
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, October 29, 2021||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|