Canmore Trail Alliance (program of FKC) - 2020 - General Trail Maintenance - Montane
Friends of Kananaskis Country & Canmore Trail Alliance
TRAIL CARE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
CANMORE AREA – GENERAL TRAIL MAINTENANCE
Help build your local trail community! We will have a number of general maintenance trail care events in partnership with CAMBA on several of the most popular and well-loved Canmore-area trails (Montane, Horseshoe, Reclaimer). Specific details about each trail care date, what to bring, meeting location, etc. will be confirmed in a reminder email to all volunteers who have signed up.
What to expect: The level of effort will range from medium to difficult and include hand tool work such as digging, rock removal, removing duff and earth with picks and , and shoveling/raking out rutting.
PLEASE NOTE: Access to the project may be via bike! We will let you know in the pre-trail day reminder email if a bike will be required.
Montane Traverse trail - Join us for some trail maintenance work on the Montane Traverse. Work will include improving the climbing switchbacks, improving trail tread, and brushing the trail corridor.
Tuesday September 29 & October 6
Wednesday Oct 14 & 21
Evening sessions (5:00-7:30 PM)
5:00pm / Session will go from 5:00pm - 7:30pm
Meeting locations/times will be confirmed in the pre-trail day reminder email.
VOLUNTEERING & COVID-19
Please ensure you read the points below so we can all be safe while volunteering. Do not register for a trail day if you:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches and pains, sudden loss of taste or smell, or any feeling of illness.
- Have been in direct contact with anyone with the above symptoms or who has COVID 19 in the past 10 days.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days
- If you've had COVID 19, but have not had a negative post-infection test.
Each volunteer will be required to bring the following mandatory personal protective equipment:
- Work gloves
- Mask (to be worn if <2m proximity to others due to trail work task or interaction with public)
- Safety glasses
- Hand sanitizer
Please contact our Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments.
Volunteer Agreement Form: You will need to fill out this volunteer agreement waiver prior to working on a trail care event. The form can be filled out once, and will be valid until March 31, 2021. To accelerate the paperwork process, please visit the link above to fill out this form ASAP prior to the trail day.
SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO SIGN UP
Sign up closes at 12pm on the day prior to the event.
VOLUNTEER AND/OR DONATE
Friends of Kananaskis Country offer a few ways to express your gratitude for Kananaskis Country – VOLUNTEER and/or DONATE!
We are always grateful for your volunteering and/or financial contributions that help us maintain our programs and operations, and contribute to the stewardship of Kananaskis Country.
Visit website to make a donation.
We hope you won't...but to unsubscribe:
1. Log/Sign into: myvolunteerpage.com
2. Click on the ‘My Profile’ tab and select ‘Organizations’
3. Select ‘Resign from Friends of Kananaskis Country’
4. Or email Nancy at email@example.com requesting to be removed.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, October 21, 2020||5:00 PM||7:30 PM|