Senior Feeding Luncheon - Kitchen Assistant
Combine your culinary interests and compassion for helping others by volunteering with us in the kitchen!
The Kitchen Assistant volunteers help with activities related to providing lunches to seniors in our community. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving food in to-go containers
- Cleaning up following the meal distribution
Volunteer hours for this position are Monday through Friday from 10:00am-1:00pm.
- 18 years or older
- Passion for helping
- Experience handling food is preferred, but not required
- Professional, organized and reliable
- Compassionate and enjoys working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Lt. Shannon Norcross at 708.332.0100 or email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check