Holiday Activities - Christmas Food Box Packing
Be a part of feeding the community by packing boxes for our Holiday activities!
The Christmas Food Box Packer will help transform food donations into boxes ready to be distributed to guests from the community. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Sort and package food items
- Ensure accuracy of assigned tasks
- Carry the 10-20 pound box a short distance as required
Volunteers are needed Monday, December 14 - Friday, December 18 between 9:00am - 4:00pm.
- 18 years or older
- Must be able to comfortably lift 10-20 pounds
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift
- Reliable, professional, and hard working
- High attention to detail
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Captain Luis Acosta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-620-8692.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 10 lbs.
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older