One Hope - Healthcare Assisting - Patient Care Assistant, No Spanish (CMA or Student/Non-Credentialed)
We have very limited roles for assistant volunteers who do not speak Spanish. If you don't have any current credentials and don't speak Spanish, we would still love to talk to you about volunteer opportunities! But please be advised that we may not have very many opportunities that match your interests.
Roles: Range from shadowing other providers to seeing and interviewing patients with oversight from residents and attending doctors, writing notes, presenting, and, above all, learning.
Tasks vary based on experience, and may include the following:
- Retrieving and replacing patient files
- Calling patients when the doctors is ready to see them
- Taking vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, height, weight)
- Taking dictation of doctor's notes and CHW notes
- Sterilizing tools
- Preparing examination rooms for patients, and cleaning up exam rooms after a patient's appointment is concluded
Students must work under the supervision of faculty.
Non-credentialed medical volunteers must work under the supervision of a credentialed medical provider. They may not directly treat patients, but can only assist medical providers with tasks such as prepping and retrieving instruments and supplies, rooming patients, etc. They may take patient vitals, if they have been trained.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Saturday, October 27, 2018||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Saturday, November 10, 2018||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Saturday, December 08, 2018||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|