The Common Good - Thrift Store Cashier
The Common Good Thrift and Consignment is a social enterprise designed to raise funds for ECM’s community programs, such as our healthcare center One Hope Centro de Vida, which offers low-cost, holistic healthcare to uninsured patients.
The purpose of the Cashier role is to be a frontline interface between ECM and the general public by delivering excellent customer service while ringing up purchases, answering questions, and telling customers about the mission of The Common Good. Cashiers also ensure that the store floor is neat, attractive, and secure.
Volunteers need to commit to a shift of a least two hours each week (every other week is also ok, but weekly is strongly preferred). If your available time slots do not match the preset shifts, just let us know when you are available in the "comments" section of the application and we'll assign you to the best time slot.
- Greet customers as they walk in, tell new customers about The Common Good and ECM.
- Ring up sales, bag customers’ purchases, and wrap fragile items.
- Help customers find merchandise, answer questions.
- Ensure cleanliness and neatness of merchandise displays.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills; ability to work in a team and resolve conflicts
- Ability to talk to customers about East Central Ministries; must feel comfortable answering phone calls
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Ability to use digital technology and learn new apps/programs
- Basic arithmetic skills, comfort in handling cash
- Retail experience a plus, but not necessary
- Light to moderate physical exertion (lifting, standing, etc.)
The store is open, and needs volunteers, from 10 am to 5 pm Tues-Fri, and 10 am to 4 pm Sat. If the shifts available for signing up do not work with your schedule, please let us know in the comments of your application when you would be able to volunteer, and we'll put you on the schedule.
The next 10 shifts (out of 265 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Tuesday, December 11, 2018||10:00 AM||1:30 PM|
|Tuesday, December 11, 2018||1:30 PM||5:00 PM|
|Wednesday, December 12, 2018||10:00 AM||1:30 PM|
|Wednesday, December 12, 2018||12:00 PM||2:00 PM|
|Wednesday, December 12, 2018||1:30 PM||5:00 PM|
|Thursday, December 13, 2018||10:00 AM||1:30 PM|
|Thursday, December 13, 2018||1:30 PM||5:00 PM|
|Friday, December 14, 2018||10:00 AM||1:30 PM|
|Friday, December 14, 2018||1:30 PM||5:00 PM|
|Saturday, December 15, 2018||10:00 AM||1:00 PM|