One Hope - Healthcare Providers - Dentist
Volunteer dentists put their professional expertise to work to provide consistent, quality dental care for uninsured or underinsured patients. Read below for more information. If you would like to speak to a staff member before you sign up, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
One Hope Centro de Vida Health Center, a program of East Central Ministries, is seeking volunteer dentists able to make a recurring commitment, at least once per month. Volunteers in this role will help us create consistent access to dental care for low-income, uninsured patients.
East Central Ministries is an inclusive, faith-based community development ministry in the International District of Albuquerque, NM. The mission of One Hope Centro de Vida is to promote the holistic wellness of the International District by creating consistent access to affordable care, improving health literacy through education, and bridging the gap between healthcare and social factors that influence health with comprehensive case management.
Schedule: Currently, we have dental clinics scheduled on Tuesdays. If you would like to volunteer as a dentist, but you want to discuss scheduling before filling out an application, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment: At least one session every other month (6 sessions per year)
- Provide dental services, including check-ups, x-rays, fillings, extractions, root canals, etc. Volunteers may also potentially provide cleanings on occasion, as needs arise, if they are comfortable doing so.
- Educate patients about oral hygiene practices, at-home care, and regular professional cleanings
- Coordinate with Community Health Workers to facilitate the implementation of treatment plans/at-home care practices
- Coordinate with Community Health Workers and other volunteers on the dental team to ensure consistency of treatment, clinical procedures, etc.
- License to practice as a dentist in the state of New Mexico
- Passion for service
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills; comfort working in multi-cultural, multi-lingual environments
- Comfort working with interpreters
- Reliability, punctuality
- Spanish fluency or conversational skills a huge plus, but not required
- Credentials (if other, please explain in the "Additional Info" section below) Must be DDS
- Provider License Must be Valid
The next 10 shifts (out of 36 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Tuesday, August 22, 2017||9:30 AM||1:00 PM|
|Tuesday, August 22, 2017||1:00 PM||4:30 PM|
|Tuesday, August 29, 2017||9:30 AM||1:00 PM|
|Tuesday, August 29, 2017||1:00 PM||4:30 PM|
|Tuesday, September 05, 2017||9:30 AM||1:00 PM|
|Tuesday, September 05, 2017||1:00 PM||4:30 PM|
|Tuesday, September 12, 2017||9:30 AM||1:00 PM|
|Tuesday, September 12, 2017||1:00 PM||4:30 PM|
|Tuesday, September 19, 2017||9:30 AM||1:00 PM|
|Tuesday, September 19, 2017||1:00 PM||4:30 PM|