One Hope - Healthcare Providers - Dental Hygienist
One Hope Centro de Vida Health Center, a program of East Central Ministries, is seeking volunteer dental hygienists able to make a recurring commitment, at least once per month. Volunteers in this role will help us create consistent access to dental care for low-income, uninsured patients.
East Central Ministries is an inclusive, faith-based community development ministry in the International District of Albuquerque, NM. The mission of One Hope Centro de Vida is to promote the holistic wellness of the International District by creating consistent access to affordable care, improving health literacy through education, and bridging the gap between healthcare and social factors that influence health with comprehensive case management.
Commitment: At least one session per month, for at least 4 hours per session, for 1 year or more
- Provide dental cleaning services to patients
- Educate patients about oral hygiene practices, at-home care, and regular professional cleanings
- Coordinate with Community Health Workers to facilitate the implementation of treatment plans/at-home care practices
- License to practice as a dental hygienist in the state of New Mexico
- Passion for service
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills; comfort working in multi-cultural, multi-lingual environments
- Comfort working with interpreters
- Reliability, punctuality
- Spanish fluency or conversational skills a huge plus, but not required
- Provider License Must be Valid
This activity generally occurs on
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon