One Hope - Community Health & Admin Support - Patient Data Coordinator
Please note: all volunteers at the clinic must undergo an interview with the Health Center Director before they can sign up for shifts. Once you submit your application, you will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Patient Data Coordinators help our clinic with vital behind-the-scenes tasks related to providing seamless referral experiences and ensuring quality of care. This role develops experience in case management and health care administration, and provides exposure to clinical settings.
Patient Data Coordinators primary tasks include the following:
- Review charts and notes from most recent clinic session to ensure all required information is correctly entered
- Call healthcare providers to schedule referral appointments for patients
- Call pharmacies to resolve problems with prescriptions
Patient Data Coordinators will also help with
- Transcribing doctor's notes from patient charts into electronic record system
- Update organization of patient charts to reflect current charting procedures (changing tabs, updating patient ID numbers, etc.)
- Filing patient charts in proper place
- If volunteers speak Spanish, they may also answer patient calls and make reminder calls to patients.
Volunteers in this role must have conversational fluency in English. Conversational ability in Spanish is also preferred, but not required.
The best times for volunteers in this role are Tuesday and Thursday mornings, but any time during normal business hours (Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm) will generally work. Please let us know if there is a time that works better for you.
- Spanish Must be at least Intermediate (Short sentences)
The next 10 shifts (out of 120 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Tuesday, April 24, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, April 25, 2018||5:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Thursday, April 26, 2018||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Saturday, April 28, 2018||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Tuesday, May 01, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, May 02, 2018||5:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Thursday, May 03, 2018||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Tuesday, May 08, 2018||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, May 09, 2018||5:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Thursday, May 10, 2018||9:00 AM||11:00 AM|