Thank you for considering sharing your skills, talents and experience with us!
Overview of the Opportunity
The Tuck Shop at the Breithaupt Centre is a popular location for centre participants to visit during weekday hours. The revenue that is generated from Tuck Shop sales is donated to a variety of centre projects as well as City of Kitchener programs and services; so you will not only be providing friendly daily serve to customers but helping to support other programs and services offered at the City of Kitchener.
Key Responsibilities or Tasks
- Adhere to and follow Safe Food Handling Procedures and sanitation rules
- Make and serve tea, coffee, sandwiches, and small snacks
- Perform cash duties and make accurate change for the customers
- Refer any unusual requests to appropriate City of Kitchener staff
- Provide pleasant and helpful service for the costumers
- Wipe lobby tables and load and empty dishwasher
Skills, Experience and/or Requirements
- Restaurant, cafeteria, or food handling experience is an asset
- Cash handling experience is an asset
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Strong communication
- Problem solving skills – understanding on what to do in a situation
- Friendly and outgoing
- Work in a team environment
- Ability to follow instructions
- Day(s): Monday and/or Thursday; 8:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Commitment: regular shift once a week
Accessible formats of the volunteer application and communication supports are available upon request. If you require assistance to complete an application to volunteer or during any stage of our screening process, please call 519-741-2200 ext. 5128 or TTY 1-866-969-9994.