Senior Programs - Tax Preparation Clinic
We are looking for Volunteer Tax Preparer as part of Canada Revenue Agency's Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) hosted at Britannia Community Centre.
CVITP volunteers prepare simple tax returns for low-income individuals and families.
Candidates need to register with CVITP program online and complete a Criminal Record Check. Volunteers will receive training from CRA, all returns will be filed electronically onsite at Britannia Community Centre via E-file.
Clinic will run from Feb. 28, 2020 - April 30, 2020
(No sessions on these dates: Sat. Mar. 14, Fri. April 10, Sat. April 11)
Shift 1: Fridays 9:30am - 1:30pm (7 sessions)
Shift 2: Fridays 1:30pm – 5:30pm (7 sessions)
Shift 3: Saturdays 9:30am – 12:30pm (7 sessions)
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Sign up 1 – 2 shifts above, MUST be able to commit to all 8 sessions of the season;
- You will assist community members filing their tax while keeping taxpayer information secure;
- Participation and completion in all CVITP online workshops in February (up to 10 hours of online training modules);
- Previous tax filing experience is required, interest and training in finance and accounting is a plus but not mandatory.
- Volunteers will meet with the clients at Britannia computer lab and complete filing of tax returns online.
- Register on-line with Canada Revenue Agency's Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Register with Britannia Community Centre as a volunteer
- Complete a Criminal Record Check (details will be provided to the candidates upon completion of the online application form.)
- Enjoy working with numbers
- Some familiarity with filing personal income tax returns (T1 returns)
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Fluency in common office related software (Windows, MS-Office, Email)
HOW TO APPLY:
Britannia Community Centre
- Police Record Check Must be at least Police Record Check