Front of House
Purpose of the Role: To provide an escort and direction service for patients and visitors to Hollywood Private Hospital.
- Meet and greet visitors
- Farewell and say thank you to those leaving the hospital and give directions to discharge lounge (if necessary)
- Escort visitors who require it to their destinations (offer wheelchair assistance if necessary)
- Provide companionship to those waiting in the lobby area
- Direct queries, when appropriate, to the main reception desk
- Approach people who appear to be unsure of where they are going and assist them
- Ensure there is adequate supply of wheelchairs in room off lobby area
- Assist those needing to book a taxi, inviting them to take a seat in the lobby and checking on taxi when it arrives (need to distinguish veterans who get taxi provided by Veterans affairs).
- Assist reception with additional duties when required e.g. fetching wheelchairs or assisting with luggage etc.
- Assist staff at main reception as required e.g. if a visitor presents at their desk seeking direction
- Assist with discharge from the hospital as required
- Ensure the lobby area is kept tidy
- Be conversant with bus and train timetables to/from hospital
Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (listening, speaking, nonverbal)
- Non judgemental attitude
- A willingness to be a part of the volunteer team
- A willingness to maintain confidentiality
- A willingness to undergo orientation and training and to attend regular volunteer meetings
- A friendly and helpful attitude
- A liking of people.